Monday, July 30, 2007

Hotel Batam View Resort

Preparations: Because its my first overseas trip and I believe I shouldn't bring so many things, I took out my old wallet and put in S$150, my pink NRIC, EzLink card and 2 safety charm. I even changed to my old T610 mobile phone to bring to Batam, therefore, all my pics are proudly sponsored by Ian. My bag contains toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, shower foam, 3 sets of clothes, towels and 1 LED touch light.

Departure at Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal: I woke up at 5 AM on Saturday morning, had my little breakfast of BreadTalk then meet set off to meet Ian at AMK MRT taxi stand at 6 15 AM. When Adel, Ian and I reached the ferry terminal at about 6 40 AM, the place is already full of golf craze people wearing polo tee and their golf equipments.
While waiting for the ferry to Batam.


Hotel Batam View Resort: I had my first experience on riding the motor boat. It's a very expensive water sports at S$50 for half an hour. It dam fun at the beginning but after going round and round I felt giddy and asked WeiKai to take over. LOL

Lunch at Nagoya Shopping Mall: Traveling to Nagoya Shopping Mall takes about 35 min. Because the shopping mall only accept Indonesian Rupiah, we had to go to the money changer. I exchanged for S$15(Rp90,000), the rate was S$1=Rp6,000.

Lunch at A&W! Look at my root beer!


Cant remember what burger is this, But it taste great!


The things are considered quite cheap compare to Singapore. I really felt richer shopping in Nagoya because of the zeros on the Rupiah notes. LOL

Massage at Level 5: I decided to give it a try for the first time. It cost around S$35 for 1 hour of message. WeiKai really enjoy the massage but not for me, LOL. The message make as if my bones are going to crack and its a painful process for me, however, some parts where they massage your head are quite "shiok". LOL

Dinner at Kelong SeaFood Restaurant: Dinner is at the Seafood restaurant within 200m walk from the resort, however there is a long flight of stairs you need to "overcome" upon walking back from dinner.

Seafood is Yummy!


Music listening at the Lounge Area: After the dinner, Adel, Ian & I decide to go down to the lounge area and listen to some songs. The singer will actually ask for you to dedicate a song and interate with the people.

They sang nice songs.

Day 2 Breakfast: We woke up at 7 45 AM and wash up to meet for breakfast at 8 AM. Its a buffet at its restaurant within the Resort's lobby.

Closed up at my breakfast! Look the egg
similar MacDonald's, it really taste great!

I'm ready to have my breakfast!


Back to Singapore: When we arrive at Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal, the sun has already set. As we walked out from the main entrance we saw a row of Limousine Cab waiting for "Carrot Heads" to be chopped, their "pimp" leader, will stand at the main entrance to look and "pull" for "Carrot Heads". Limousine Mercedes cab is S$35 per trip.

The Human queue for Taxi at the Taxi Stand,
then...


The Taxi queue for "Carrot Heads!"


I was kinda irritated at the moment I saw the situation. However there is nothing I can do but to wait for my cab. One more thing, the "pimp" that talked to us sounds quite desperate. LOL

Conclusion:Batam's timing is 1 hour before Singapore's, meaning, if we are 9 AM, they are 8 AM. Within the resort, food and services are traded using Singapore dollars. Unless you go to town area, which they only accept Indonesia Rupiah. It was an overall enjoyable trip for me, despite some irritating incidents here & there. I spent around S$250 altogether, it’s a bit overspent, but it’s OK since it's my first overseas trip.

You wanna say something? Click Here!
 

Say! Say! Say! ~